Build or Buy - The Choice Is Yours
Build or buy at the Homestead at Mills River. Nature's mountain-top beauty is reflected in the lovely homes currently built and occupied at the Homestead. Our Architectural Design Principles & Standards provide the framework for design and style to maintain the aesthetics of our community. You’ll appreciate the infrastructure of roads, curbs, and storm drains already in place. Be sure to ask your realtor about the underground natural gas, electrical, and communications utilities servicing our community. In addition, you'll enjoy the community's River Reserve clubhouse located on 10 private acres along the Mills River. Contact your realtor for current inventory of lots and homes.
Bring your imagination, your house plan, and your zest for life and leisure to the Homestead at Mills River. Whether you want to buy a homesite and build or purchase an existing home, contact your realtor to find the current inventory available.
Preparing to Build
- To obtain copies of the Property Owners Association (POA) Bylaws; Declaration of Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions; and Architectural Design Principles & Standards, please contact your real estate agent/broker/realtor or your closing attorney, who are required to provide these to you in advance of your purchase and closing.
- Ask your realtor about the underground natural gas, electrical, and communications utilities servicing our community to deliver unobstructed views. Lots in this mountain home community require property owner installation of well water and septic tank systems for all homes.
- After closing, your real estate agent/broker/realtor and your closing attorney are also required to inform the property management company for the POA of your purchase; and provide the required purchase and closing documentation.
As a new Property Owner in the POA, you are also required to contact the POA immediately upon your closing to ensure proper notification of purchase was made; and to complete your POA account set-up.
- Choose from a wide array of home sites within the community
- Existing homes periodically available
- Contact your realtor for the current inventory of lots and homes
- All road, curbing, and storm drain infrastructure already in place